“Whether you think you can or think you can’t … you’re right.” Henry Ford.
I first heard this quote in 7th grade and it’s always stuck with me. Because at the end of 8th grade, I believed I couldn’t. At the end of that year I tried out for the school paper because I loved to write, but I wasn’t chosen.
It devastated me.
For years that rejection made me believe I had no writing ability.
I don’t think I’m alone. Whether you haven’t published yet or you have 30 books out, I’m guessing you still have doubts. (Does that mean I still have doubts about my ability to write? Yes.)
I want to show you how you can foster that belief.
First, let me give a bit of background on what The Rubart Writing Academy actually is.
In simple terms, The Rubart Writing Academy helps people step into the success as a writer they’ve always been destined for.
It’s for writers who are frustrated. Struggling. Maybe even confused with all the info out there on the publishing industry. Writers who are looking for someone to show them a crystal clear path to becoming all they were meant to be.
In short, The Academy fosters belief.
How The Academy Started
I’d felt for a long time there was a great need for writers to truly know themselves (understand the theme of their life and their core identity) get one on one mentorship, learns the skills they needed to wildly succeed, and find deep community in the world of writing.
Then, in October of 2016, my son Taylor encouraged me to start gathering small groups of writers—no more than 10 at a time—to teach them everything about the writing journey I wished I’d known when I started. I told Taylor it was a tremendous idea, and I’d do it, but only if he’d join me.
He said yes, and over the next year we designed the curriculum that became The Rubart Writing Academy.
Since then, we’ve graduated 45 students from multiple countries.
Here’s What They Say About The Rubart Writing Academy
“The Rubart Writing Academy is what I’ve been looking for in other writers conferences and couldn’t find. And it was worth every penny I spent, and more. It was an amazing experience to be here.”
– Stephanie Sanders, April 2019 Graduate
“I really think that Taylor and Jim have taken years off of the misdirected steps, the failed attempts, the trying to do something and not having it work quite right. The path is less crooked now, because I have a guide. I have a map.”
– Kelly Wilbanks, March 2019 Graduate
“Whatever price you need to pay, I would say, get here. It’s phenomenal. It’s the most life changing experience I could have asked for.”
– Bev Simons, October 2018 Graduate
“Some people might think that it’s a lot of money, and it’s a far distance. And they’re right. it’s a lot of money, and it’s a far distance. But it is the best money I have spent on my craft. Ever.”
– Nik Kording, October 2018 Graduate
“It was invaluable to me. I think it is absolutely worth every penny. It helped me discover and unearth who I am as a writer. The biggest thing is understanding who you are, and that puts you in a position of power from which to write.”
– Chris Ayre, March 2019 Graduate
To see more testimonials, click here.
Here’s what’s covered at the Academy:
- Craft – How to create compelling stories that editors, agents, and ultimately readers, can’t get enough of.
- Business – Agents, editors, and contracts, oh my! You’ll learn the secrets of traditional and indie publishing, how to create a network of champions who will open doors for you, and how to navigate all the intricacies of the business side of publishing.
- Marketing – You’ll discover your own, unique personal brand and how that’s the foundation of all of your marketing. Plus, how to create outstanding marketing even if you’re an introvert and marketing intimidates you!
- Motivation – Did you know talent isn’t the key ingredient in publishing success? We’ll tell you what is, and teach you how to stay motivated and inspired even when you feel like giving up.
You’ll Discover the Theme of Your Life
During our four days together, we dig deep into the person you are, and the unique message you have to share with the world. Many grads say it’s the most powerful thing we do for them.
A Road-Map To Publication – Finally, you’ll get a customized Road Map, designed specifically for you, a step by step process for your writing career. No more guessing or wondering if you’re on the right path. You’ll finally have a clear direction to getting published and staying published.
Writing is often a lonely path. What happens at The Academy is you form deep friendships with other writers. Friends that will come alongside you, encourage you, celebrate with you.
A Safe, Intimate Setting
We love big writing conferences. But they simply can’t be intimate due to their size. We think having a safe place, an intimate place, is key to having a revolutionary and revolutionary experience. It’s why we limit the number of students (9) that come to each Academy, and why we hold the Academy in a warm home, rather than in a hotel.
- Professional author head shots
- 120 page workbook
- Book Launch checklist
- Access to the graduates private Facebook writing group
- One on one brainstorming time with Taylor and me
- Dinner with Taylor and me the first night
We’d love to have you join us! Click here for all the details.